Parliament Unit of the Ministry is nodal unit for Parliament related work of the Ministry. It works as a link between the Ministry and Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha & Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs. The main functions of Parliament Unit are as under:-
- Coordination work for Legislative proposals of the Ministry.
- Collection/Distribution/forwarding of all the relevant and important Parliament Papers viz. Parliament Questions/ Bills/ Resolutions/ Matters raised under Rule 377 in Lok Sabha and by way of Special Mention in Rajya Sabha/ Assurances/Short Notices Questions/Calling Attention Notices etc. received from Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha Secretariat and Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs to the concerned for further necessary action.
- Issuing Calendar of Sittings of Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha/General Instructions for Parliament Session.
- Arrangement of Official Gallery Cards/Passes, General Entry Passes and Car Park Labels for entry into the Parliament House/ Annexe during the Session period.
- Liaison with Lok Sabha Sectt/ Rajya Sabha Sectt/Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs in respect of Parliament Questions and other Parliament Matters.
- Monitoring of movement of files of Parliament Questions.
- Typing of Final Replies of Parliament Questions/Issuing requisite number of copies of replies/Issuing Statement, to be made by the Hon’ble Ministers in Parliament, to Lok Sabha/Rajya Sabha Secretariat (LSS/RSS) & Press Information Bureau.
- Arranging Briefing Meeting for Starred Questions/Collection of relevant papers for Ministers/Senior Officers and preparation of pad in respect of Starred Questions and other Business in Parliament.
- E-mailing of replies to Parliament Questions to LSS/RSS.
- Preparation of Duty Rosters of Officers in connection with discussion on President’s Address.
- Maintaining/Consolidating Statistical Data of Pending Parliament Assurances in LS/RS.
- Sending Quarterly Report to the Ministry of Law regarding delay in framing of Rules under Central Acts.
- Compiling Annual Statement of Sub- ordinate Legislations.
- Organising Meetings of Consultative Committee attached to Ministry of Labour & Employment, arrangement and circulation of notices, agenda and minutes etc.
- Forwarding observations/ recommendations of the Committees on Subordinate Legislation/ Government Assurances & Papers Laid, etc.
- To forward all other Parliamentary Matters received from other Ministries/ Departments to Sections.
Officers in Channel
- Labour & Employment Adviser (LEA)
- Director/Deputy Secretary
- Under Secretary
- Section Officer
- Parliament Assistant