PLAN SCHEMES IN DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF MINES SAFETY (DGMS)
DURING 12TH FIVE YEAR PLAN (2012-17)
- MINE ACCIDENT ANALYSIS AND MODERNIZATION OF INFORMATION DATABASE (MAMID) CONTINUING SCHEME
Plan Outlay: Rs. 123.15 Cr. Annual Outlay 2012-13:Rs. 6.30 Cr.
- To mitigate risk of disasters and accidents in mines through risk assessment and management techniques.
- Identification of mines having highest risk of accidents/disasters and prepare a Risk Management Plan for such mines for implementation; and
- Dissemination of mine information system through various reports, technical instructions/guidelines, circulars on electronic as well as other conventional media.
- STRENGTHENING OF CORE FUNCTION OF DGMS (SOCFOD)
Plan Outlay: Rs. 200.00 Cr
Annual Outlay 2012-13: Rs. 20.21 Cr. (CW- Rs. 100 Cr)
(CW- 15 Cr.)
- To render scientific and technological support to the enforcement wing of DGMS.
- To develop, improve and update need based rescue and emergency response services to the mining industry.
- To establish Mine Safety & Health Academy with institutes at different offices of DGMS for imparting structured training to DGMS officers and key personnel of the mining industry.
- To provide infrastructure facilities i. e. office buildings and residential complexes, communication facilities and office equipment and furnishing of offices.
- To conduct Occupational Safety, Health and Welfare Survey in mines of unorganized sectors
- NEW PLAL SCHEME: e-Governance in DGMS (e-DGMS)
Plan Outlay: Rs. 28.10 Cr.Annual Outlay 2012-13: Rs. 0.10 Cr.
- Re-engineer work processes to change governance pattern for simplicity, transparency, productivity and efficiency.
- Transform from Process bound System to Computerized Automated System.
- Provide Dedicated Network Facility for Data, Audio-Video and Mail messaging with Online Interactive Communication and Data Processing System.
- Computerize Mines Safety Examination & Certification System.
- Develop National Mines Safety & Health Resource Centre.
- Develop National Mine Safety & Disaster Management Network.
Complete Computerization and Networking in DGMS:
- Establishment of Dedicated LAN & WAN in DGMS Offices
- Procurement and Installation of System Software and Security System at Server Centre and Disaster Recovery Centre
- Mines Safety Examination & Certification System
- Inspections, Enquiries and Compliance Tracking system
- Permissions, Approvals, Standards& Testing System
- Mines Statistical Information & Analysis System
- National Archives of OSH in Mines and Disaster Control & Management
- Budget and Finance Management System
- Other Associated Systems