e = EFFICIENT HEALTH AND INSURANCE (ESIC )
As a social security organization under the Ministry of Labour & Employment, the Employees' State Insurance Corporation provides comprehensive medical care and cash benefits in contingencies such as Sickness, Maternity Leave, Disablement, death due to on-duty injury and loss of jobs of beneficiaries from the organized sector working class falling in the lower wage bracket.
- Project 'Panchdeep': To digitize internal and external processes and ensure efficiency in operations, especially services to Employers and Insured Persons, ESIC has launched its IT Project 'Panchdeep'.
- Pehchan Card: On registration, the Insured Person's (IP) photograph is clicked and fingerprints of the IP and family members are scanned. Two sets of Pehchan Card (one for the IP, another for family members) are provided for fast and convenient delivery of services.
- Employer Portal under 'Panchdeep': The Employer Portal permits all transactions online without visiting any ESIC Office, saving time and preventing the drudgery of routine paperwork. Employer-Employee Registrations are done online. The portal enables employers to file monthly contributions, generate Temporary Identity Cards and create monthly contribution challans online.
- IP Portal under 'Panchdeep': Through the IP Portal, Insured Persons can check contributions paid/payable by employers, family details, entitlement to various benefits and status of claims.
- e-Biz Platform: Under the Ministry of Labour & Employment, ESIC is the first entity to integrate its services (Registration of Employers via e-Biz portal of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion or DIPP) to promote ease of business and curb transaction costs.