e= EASIER SOCIAL SECURITY (EPFO )
PORTABILITY THROUGH UNIVERSAL ACCOUNT NUMBER (UAN) FOR EMPLOYEES PROVIDENT FUND
(i) Digitization of complete database of 4.24cr EPF subscribers and allotment of UAN to each member. (ii) UAN is being seeded with Bank Account, Aadhar Card and other KYC (Know Your Customer) details to promote financial inclusion. (iii) Employees' EPF accounts to be updated monthly and members informed via SMS. (iv) Direct access to EPF accounts; will enable members to access and consolidate previous accounts.Online pensioners can view their account and disbursement details online
- An Online Transfer Claims Portal (OTCP) has been launched to facilitate transfer of member accounts after a job change.
- Online registration of establishments with EPFO 26,696 establishments registered online as on 1.1.2015
- Software launched to allow exempt establishments to file Statutory Returns online.
- Establishments can remit statutory EPF dues electronically from any of the 58 banks via which payments are made; the 58 include all major banks in India.
- All payments (100%) to pensioners and 98% of other payments to members are made electronically.